Do you need a cost effective scanning and EDRM system that is compliant with BIP0008 (PD0008), TNA, DOD 5015.2, to manage the imaging, capture, processing, storage, indexing, retrieval and retention of electronic documents? Mint provides consultancy services to help you specify, choose, implement and use an electronic document and records management solution (including managing cultural change).
We can quickly provide you with options for Compliant EDRM software, including a BIP0008 scanning system (formally PD0008), whether you are a government agency, global institution or smaller business. We will help you make the right choices, work within budget and implement a solution based upon a thorough specification.
This includes exploring the potential of a web hosted document management approach.
We will work with you to understand your objectives and challenges in terms of cost, productivity, service and accountability. We will review your operational structure, business processes and filing methods in order to make recommendations regarding the business case and present options on the use of document management technology. We will work with you to determine document management requirements, specifications, select suppliers, project manage the implementation and introduce new operating procedures for document management. We will help you manage the process of behavioural and cultural change. We can help you with the selection of scanners and scanning services.
We can help you understand the EDRM market, which products might be suitable, what they offer in terms of imaging, workflow, document and /or records management, the positioning of SharePoint MOSS 2007 etc. Please Contact Us to discuss your requirement.
Please also see our complementary information resource, The Document Site
Compliant EDRM Solutions and Initiatives we can help you with
- Automating paper intensive processes via scanning, image retrieval, workflow and case management
- Introducing an infrastructure EDRM solution for managing scanned images, faxes, emails, office files, mutli-media and technical documents in a structured way
- Electronic Document Management for authoring processes, compound documents, version control, audit trails and compliance applications
- Document indexing metadata criteria for ensuring an individual or related group of documents can be easily retrieved, a meaningful record / document management taxonomy can be established, security requirements applied and retention schedules managed
- Using COLD (aka Enterprise Report Management) software if required for electronically archiving and retrieving print files, including PDF conversion
- Scanning and OCR'ing legacy paper collections to make them digitally accessible
- Using FTR technology for the full text retrieval of electronic and scanned documents, supporting document discovery and knowledge management
- Electronic Records Management software for managing your retention and disposition schedules and policies
- Choosing a production document scanner / document scanning equipment for capturing images to an existing software system
- Forms processing and database design for capturing data from paper forms or card records without the need for manual data entry
- Electronic signature and workflow to replace internal paper forms with electronic
We can also help if you need a system for physical record tracking, box and file management? This can include barcode tracking or the latest Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology to enable tracking and inventory of file folders to be taken to a higher level. Please read more here.
Please also see Agenda Management software.
compliant with bip0008, tna, dod 5015.2
How will an EDRM solution benefit us?
- Free up valuable office space by converting paper records to image
- Reduce the costs of archive and office storage by converting paper records to image
- Reduce the costs of photocopying and postage via the electronic capture and distribution of documents
- Reduce the costs of data input via image recognition
- Improve the speed and accuracy of locating individual or related groups of documents via database classification and search tools
- Increase customer satisfaction and staff happiness via timely access to information
- Reduce process bottlenecks and elapse times via business process automation and concurrent working
- Reduce the financial, legal or regulatory risks that can be caused if paper-based information is lost, damaged or misused
- Meet legal, regulatory and data protection obligations for the retention and disposal of records via digital appraisal and control
- Improve information security via system access controls
- Maintain evidential audit trails of decisions, activities and transactions by enhancing the way in which information is captured, organised and retained